Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 10/19/2016
Tomorrow night, Thursday, October 20th is our First Quarter Parent Teachers Conference. There will be an early dismissal, with students going home at 1:30 pm, conferences begin in the classrooms at 4:00 pm, supper will be served at 4:30 pm, and the Fall Carnival (along with make and take) will open in the gym @ 5:30 pm. Raffles tickets will be given to the parents who visit their student’s classrooms. Attendance and behavior letters will be given to the parents along with the report cards. DISMISSAL @ 1:30 PM TOMORROW, THURSDAY THE 20TH OF OCTOBER 2016.
- 17th– 21st October- Dakota Players Master’s Classes 3rd– 8th grades
- 18th & 19th 21st Century- 4:30-6:45 pm, 4th-8th grade students
- 19th October- Cross Country @ W.K.D.S @ 4:00 pm
- 20th October- Early dismissal @ 1:30 pm for Fall Festival & 1st Quarter Parent & Teacher’s Conference
- Conferences begin @ 4:00 pm, supper @ 4:30 pm, Fall festival @ 5:30 pm
- 21st October – No School- SD State Non-Contact Day
- 21st October – Teca Wacipi Okolakiciye Crazy Horse School
- 21st-22nd October – Volleyball- Bigfoot Conference Tournament – C Team @ Red cloud @ 11:00 am
- 23rd October – Red Ribbon Week Posters
- 24th October – Native Star Day- No School; BIE Mandated Professional day for Staff
- 24th October – Football- Bigfoot Conference Playoffs @ AHS versus Wounded Knee @ 4:00 pm
- 21st-22nd October – Volleyball- Bigfoot Conference Tournament – B Team @ Porcupine @ 4:00pm
- 25th October Scholastic Book Fair Begins (ends 8th November)
- 24th October- Football @ AHS @ 3:30 pm versus Loneman
- 25th & 26th October 21st Century- 4:30-6:45 pm, 4th-8th grade students
- 26th October – Cross Country @ Red Cloud @ 4:00 pm
- 27th October- Face Family Circle – Commons Area @ 5:00 pm
- 21st-22nd October – Volleyball- Bigfoot Conference Tournament – A Team @ Little Wound @ 5:00 pm
- 28th October – 21st Century Fantastic Friday @ 1:30-4:30 pm- 4th-8th grade students
- 29th October – K-4th Halloween Carnival and 5th-8th Halloween Lock In
- 31st October- Halloween Parties @ noon, parade @ 12:00, Dismissal @ 1:15 pm
American Horse School Read to Succeed Event Free Book Event
Come in from October 3rd – November 4th 2016
American Horse School “Its Never Too Young To Begin!”
Parents and Caregivers of American Horse School Students are invited to join their child/children during the Read to Succeed Event. The classroom teachers will provide books for you to read to your child. Once you have read a book to your child, the teacher will give you a certificate that can be turned into Jodi for a book at the book fair.
A special thank you to the American Horse School Board and Administration for providing this opportunity for our children.
Scholastic Bookfair October 25th-November 8th
Read to Succeed Read a Thon
Runs from October 3rd-November 4th
The top 3 readers in each class will receive prizes and the class from each grade level that reads the most words will have a class celebration.
Any questions please contact Jodi Richards at 455-1209.