Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 04/25/2018
Our condolences to the family of Louis Richards. Wake will begin Thursday evening at 5pm and continue through Friday at American Horse School. Burial is out at the residence with a meal to follow at American Horse School.
We are continuing with our testing, so make sure your child is well rested and coming to school every day. We have 9 days of school left after today!
- 26th April- School dismissal at 4:00pm
- 27th April- No School
- 1st May-Student Sports Banquet Awards 5th-8th grade @ 5 pm in AHS Gym, dinner served in the commons 5:00 pm, Student Athlete and parents/caregivers invited.
- 2nd May- last day of school for Jerilyn’s and Roxanne’s classes, (Baby Squirrels and Baby Rabbits) dismissal @ noon
- 2nd May- Student Academic Awards 1st – 4th 1:30pm in the Commons Area, 2:30 pm 5th-8th in the Commons Area all parents, caregivers and community members welcome.
- 3rd May- 8th graders go to Little Wound High School for an orientation 9am-noon
- 4th May- Kindergarten Graduation 10:00 am with lunch to follow (Students who received letters)
- 8th May-Lakota Field Day & BBQ cookout for the students-1st-8th grade
- 9th May-LAST DAY OF 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- 9th May- 8th Grade Banquet and Naming Ceremony 5:00pm- Each Graduate can bring 3 family members and themselves. Each of the 31 graduates has a table with 4 chairs.
- 11th May- 8th Grade Graduation 10:00 am in the AHS gym
- 14th May- AHS Staff Appreciation noon in the Commons Area
- 29th May- Summer Lunch Program @ AHS for all children 3 months to 18 years old noon to 2:00pm
Public Information Links:
South Dakota 6th Grade Vaccination Requirements (School entry requirements for South Dakota 6th grade students include):
- One dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- One dose of MCV4 vaccine (meningococcal ACYW)
- The requirements apply only for 6th grade entry and transfer students 6th–12th grade
- If a child is 10 years old when entering the 6th grade they have 45 days after their 11th birthday to be vaccinated
- Read more at this link