Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 10/10/2018
Not sure if we are ready for winter, but it sure found us😊. Please make sure your children are wearing sweaters and jackets to school. Thank you to all the parents and guardians who are making sure their children are doing their homework and bringing backpacks every day!
Lifetouch Picture Day is October 17th, we will be sending home the actual packets with the envelopes on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16TH. I have been sending home general information so if you choose to purchase pictures you can plan ahead to know the package you want and the price. Information Pamphlets this link!!
Remember in order to go on 21st Century Trips you need to attend 21st Century😊
Read a Thon—come read to your child(ren) and they will receive a book compliments of the American Horse School Board!! From the Scholastic Book Fair.
- 10th October-7 tips for Raising a Reader; Reading Tips for Parents, Back to School Reading Tips 5pm-6pm with Jill Miller, dinner afterward
- 11th October- Football @ Rocky Ford & Volleyball @ Loneman @ 3:30 pm
- 12th October- Teca Wacipi Okolakiciye- Loneman @ 1:00 pm
- 13th October- 5th & 6th graders Football Jamboree at Todd County
- 15th October- No School for Students, Mandatory Native Star Training for Staff
- 15th October Volleyball @ Crazy Horse @ 3:30pm
- 16th & 17th October 21st Century After School Program 3rd-8th graders 4:30-6:45 pm
- 16th October- AHS Football @ AHS with Todd County @ 3:30 pm
- 16th October- AHS Volleyball @ AHS with All Girls School @ 3:30 pm
- 17th October- Fall Pictures—Individual & Sports Parents/ Guardians purchase pictures if they choose to (Spring Pictures are paid for by the AHS School Board) Community pictures will begin at 11am- Correct change is needed to purchase pictures😊
- 18th October- OST Career Fair, IHS Flu Shots (parents must be present for children to receive shots) and FACE Health Fair 9am-2pm in the gym
- 18th October AHS Football @ Batesland @ 3:30 pm
- 18th October- AHS Volleyball @ Oelrichs
- 22nd October- Football Playoffs begin
- 23rd & 24th October 21st Century After School Program 3rd-8th graders 4:30-6:45 24th October-Cross Country Finals @ OLL
- 25th October -Parent/Teacher Conferences begin 3:30pm supper 4:00pm, Fall Carnival 5:00pm and IHS flu shots
- 25th October Dismissal at 1:30pm
- 26th October -BFC Volleyball C Team @ WKDS
- 29th October- BFC Volleyball B Team @ Loneman
- 27th October- 8th Grade Fundraiser Halloween Dance
- 29th October- Circle of Smiles Delta Dental at school until December 10th FACE -8th graders
- 30th October- FACE Family Circle 5pm
- 30th October 21st Century After School Program 3rd-8th graders 4:30-6:45 pm
- 31st October-Halloween; parties, parade and early dismissal 1:30 pm
Lakota Words for 1-12 October
|Lakota Work||English Meaning||Lakota Work||English Meaning|
|Canupa||Sacred Pipe||Ehanni||Long Ago|
|Mitakuye Oyasin||All My Relations||Wocekiye||Prayer|
|Wicozani||Healthy Life||Anpo wicakpi||Morning Star|
|Wakan||Sacred||Unci maka||Mother Earth|
2018 American Horse School Board Election Time Frame
Nominating petitions are available for candidates to fill two (2) vacant school board positions on the American Horse School.
One (1) position is to fulfill a four (4) year term representing LaCreek District. Voters from LaCreek District may vote for this position at the LaCreek CAP Office.
One (1) position is to fulfill a four (4) year term representing Pass Creek District. Voters from Pass Creek District may vote for this position at the American Horse School.
Petitions will be issued beginning Monday, October 1, 2018, at the business office of American Horse School.
Public Information Links:
South Dakota 6th Grade Vaccination Requirements (School entry requirements for South Dakota 6th grade students include):
- One dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- One dose of MCV4 vaccine (meningococcal ACYW)
- The requirements apply only for 6th grade entry and transfer students 6th–12th grade
- If a child is 10 years old when entering the 6th grade they have 45 days after their 11th birthday to be vaccinated
- Read more at this link
2017 Consumer Confidence Report and Certification Links Below:
Civil Rights Training: Civil rights training specific to the federal child nutrition program is an annual requirement and must be completed each new program year. All employees that deal with student eligibility, meal service to students, and their direct supervisors are required to complete this annual training. The training slides can be accessed here. The following personnel who trained this year can be accessed here.