Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 02/15/2017
Warm weather, sun shine it ends next week- do not put away the winter coats, mittens and hats! Enjoy Every day, REMEMBER HOMEWORK IS 25% OF READING AND MATH GRADES, make sure to read read read with your child(ren). Dr. Seuss Read a Thon still going strong, your child can receive a few book from the Scholastic Book Fair if you get in by the end of the February to read to your child!
- 14th & 15th February 21st Century 4:45-6:45 for 3rd-8th grade students
- 16th February- FACE Family Circle @ 5:00 pm Parents Night Out
- 17th February- Teca Wacipi Okolakiciye Pine Ridge Elementary
- 17TH FEBRUARY—The AHS 8th grade will be having a Lock-in; This Lock-in is for 5th through 8th graders that attend AHS. Parents/Caregivers need to drop off their 5th-8th graders at 9:00 pm the doors will be locked from 9:20 pm to 6:00 am Saturday morning. Students will be taken home on Saturday morning by the AHS transportation staff. First 50 Pass Creek Students get in FREE, as James Cross District Representative donated funds; doors open at 9:00 pm.
- *any electronic devices brought to the school during the lock-in are the responsibility of the child/parents not American Horse School*
- 20th February- President’s Day No School
- 21st February- BBB -AHS @ Porcupine @ 4:00 pm
- 22nd February- BBB -AHS @ St. Francis @ 4:00 pm (ct)
- 24th Language Arts Performance 10:30 am Classes Perform and Dakota Players Performance The Super Hero Show
- 27th February- BBB -AHS @ Pine Ridge @ 4:00 pm (ct)
- 28th February – 8th March- Scholastic Book Fair- Buy One Get One Free
Come in the month of February
Parents and Caregivers of American Horse School Students are invited to join their child/children during the Read to Succeed Event. The classroom teachers will provide books for you to read to your child. Once you have read a book to your child, the teacher will give you a certificate that can be turned into Jodi for a book at the book fair.
A special thank you to the American Horse School Board and Administration for providing this opportunity for our children.
Scholastic Bookfair February 28th-March 8th
The top 3 readers in each class will be rewarded and the class from each grade level that reads the most words will have a class celebration.
Any questions please contact Jodi Richards at 455-1209.