Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 02/13/2019
School will be released early – after breakfast today – 13 February – due to broken water main. School will be postponed until further notice.
Remember we are having a new schedule until Sunday March 31st for the safety of our students.
Regular Student Hours: 9:30 to 4:00 MONDAY Through FRIDAY.
(students are considered tardy at 10:00)
21st Century Tuesday and Wednesday 4:00-6:15
8th Grade Parents please remember to donate for the bake sales and ball games.
There was a Rural Water main issue in Pierre, so they had to shut off the water in order to fix the issue. Housing water was out all night. The children will eat breakfast and then be sent home. I have been assured that the issue will be fixed at some point today. So tomorrow we should be on schedule.
- 14th- Lifetouch Spring Picture Day
- 14th February- 8th grade class will be doing a bake sale on Thursday afternoon
- 14th February- Boys Basketball at Porcupine @ 3:30 PM
- 18th February- No School All Chiefs Day
- 19th February- Boys Basketball home against WKDS @3:30 pm
- 19th-20th February-21st Century Afterschool Program 3rd-8th grade 4:00-6:15 pm
- 21st February- Boys Basketball home against Bennett County @ 3:30 pm
- 21st February- 8th grade class will be doing a bake sale on Thursday afternoon
- 22nd February- Boys Basketball home against O.L.L @ 3:30 pm
- 23rd February- Teca Wacipi Okolakiciye Oelrichs 1 pm
- 25th February – Boys Basketball home against Red Cloud @ 3:30 pm
- 26th & 27th February-21st Century Afterschool Program 3rd-8th grade 4:00-6:15 pm
- 26th February – Boys Basketball at Red Shirt @ 3:30 pm
- 28th February – Boys Basketball home against Crazy Horse @ 3:30 pm
- 28st February- 8th grade class will be doing a bake sale on Thursday afternoon
- 1st March- END of 3rd Quarter!!
Intermediate Lakota Phrases
Tankal magaju – It’s raining outside
Tankal icmna- It’s snowing outside
Tankal osni= It’s cold outside
Mahpiya ota- There are many clouds.
Canku slusluste- The roads are slippery
Tankal omani ki slusluste- The sidewalk is slippery
Intermediate Lakota Words
Cold- Osni Blizzard- Iwoblu Ice- Caga
Sunshien- Maste Sleet- Waheca Fog- Po
Wind- Tate Rain- Magaju Clouds- Mahpiya
Slippery- Slusluste Frost- Heyunka Snow- Wa
Muddy- Hlihlila Whirlwind- Wamni omni
American Horse School
Parents/Caregiver Read A thon
Come in the month of January, February until March 15th
Parents and Caregivers of American Horse School Students are invited to join their child/children during the Dr. Seuss Read A Thon. The classroom teachers will provide books for you to read to your child. Once you have read a book to your child, the teacher will give you a certificate that can be turned into Jodi for a book at the book fair.
A special thank you to the American Horse School Board and Administration for providing this opportunity for our children.
Scholastic Bookfair March 25th– April 5th
The top 3 readers in each class will be rewarded and the class from each grade level that reads the most words will have a class celebration.
Any questions please contact Jodi Richards at 455-1209.
Public Information Links:
South Dakota 6th Grade Vaccination Requirements (School entry requirements for South Dakota 6th grade students include):
- One dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- One dose of MCV4 vaccine (meningococcal ACYW)
- The requirements apply only for 6th grade entry and transfer students 6th–12th grade
- If a child is 10 years old when entering the 6th grade they have 45 days after their 11th birthday to be vaccinated
- Read more at this link
2017 Consumer Confidence Report and Certification Links Below:
Civil Rights Training: Civil rights training specific to the federal child nutrition program is an annual requirement and must be completed each new program year. All employees that deal with student eligibility, meal service to students, and their direct supervisors are required to complete this annual training. The training slides can be accessed here. The following personnel who trained this year can be accessed here.