Welcome to American Horse School
Latest Updates – INFORMATION UPDATED 10/18/2017
Parents/Caregivers please don’t forget AHS’s 1st quarter Parent/Teacher’s Conference which will be held next Thursday, October 26th, student’s will have an early dismissal @ 1:30 pm conferences will begin @ 4:30 with supper being served @ 5:00 pm. The Fall Festival will begin in the gym @ 6:00 pm. There will be raffles for door prizes for all parents or caregivers that attend a student’s conference. This year AHS is undergoing is annual five year accreditation, so each household that fills out a survey in the computer lab will get a voucher for $10.00 for either gas or food at the Allen Store.
Many students are missing birth certificates, tribal enrollment certification or have not completed an enrollment packet for their student at AHS! THESE DOCUMENTS ARE MANDATED BY BIE. IF THESE DOCUMENTS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER, THE STUDENT WILL HAVE TO BE DROPPED FROM ENROLLMENT AT AHS. PLEASE HELP THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION OFFICE IN COMPLETING THESE REQUUIREMENTS.
PARENTS IN ORDER FOR YOUR CHILD TO RECEIVE A FREE BOOK FROM THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR YOU MUST COME AND READ TO YOUR CHILD BY 22nd OCTOBER -Thank you to the parents/grandparents who have already come in!
- 18th October-21st Century Afterschool Program begins 3rd-8th grade students 4:30-6:45 pm
- 18th October-AHS Cross Country Finals@ All-Girls School/Porcupine @ 4:00 pm
- 18th October- AHS Football versus Olerichs @ 2:00 pm
- 19th October- Picture Day (Bring Exact Change)
- 20th & 21st October – C Team Volleyball Tournament @ O.L.L
- 20th October – End of 1st Quarter
- 23rd October – Late dismissal for students @ 4:30 pm
- 23rd & 24th October – B-team Volley Ball Tournament @ All Girl’s School in Porcupine
- 24th & 25th October-21st Century Afterschool Program- 3rd-8th grade students 4:30-6:45 pm
- 23rd October- Football Playoffs Begin
- 23rd October- Parents/Caregivers of Volleyball players & Cross Country Runners will be recognized before the football game, football player’s parents and caregivers will be recognize at halftime of the game
- 25th October – FACE Family night- AHS Gym @ 5:00 pm
- 25th & 26th October – A-Team Volley Ball Tournament @ Porcupine
- 26th October-Fall Festival & 1st Quarter Parent Teacher’s Conference, Students early dismissal @ 1:30 pm, conferences begin@ 4:30 pm, Supper @ 5:00, Fall Festival @ 6:00 pm
- 27th October – No School – Non- Contact Day for Parent Teacher’s Conferences
- 30th October – Late dismissal for students @ 4:30 pm
- 30th October- AHS Girls Basketball Practice Begins & There will be a meeting for any student in the grades 4th — 8th interested in cheerleading for both girls and boys basketball
- 31st October- Halloween Parade @ 12:30 pm, early dismissal @ 2:30 pm (No 21st Century)
American Horse School “Its Never Too Young To Begin!”
Read to Succeed Event Free Book Event
Come in from August 30th-October 22nd
Parents and Caregivers of American Horse School Students are invited to join their child/children during the Read to Succeed Event. The classroom teachers will provide books for you to read to your child. Once you have read a book to your child, the teacher will give you a certificate that can be turned into Jodi for a book at the book fair.
A special thank you to the American Horse School Board and Administration for providing this opportunity for our children.
Scholastic Bookfair October 26th-November 7th
Read to Succeed Read a Thon
Runs from August 30th-October 22nd
The top 3 readers in each class will receive prizes and the class from each grade level that reads the most words will have a class celebration.
Any questions please contact Jodi Richards at 455-1209.
AHS Cross Country made a big showing at OLL. We had 6 runner in the top ten for 4th-6th grade girls , 4 runner in the top ten for 4th-6th boys, first place in the 7 and 8th grade girls, and 3 top 5 in the 7th and 8th grade boys. Congratulate all the runners for a great meet when you see them! Click Picture to Enlarge.
Public Information Links: